Monday, April 21, 2014

tippy's tacos

Apr 14

Houston, we have a problem.
(Hey, Houston is a good place by the way. Well, I like the people.
Okay false, just one person there. That makes Houston the best place
in the world. . . that's how it works, right? Wait... I guess I should
be saying Brazil is a good place now. Okay, they are both good places.
:) You get the picture.)

ANYWAY. Last week I sent a bunch of photos to myself to send to you
all! I will get them out eventually, buuuut they came out all
corrupted and just... weird when I opened them on my Ipad to send you.
It stinks. Hopefully I can make it work today. We shall see what
happens!

Hey! Good news! Lu Jiang is getting baptized this saturday! Wappahh!
Woot woot! Holla back!
I am going to be performing the baptism! I am pretty nervous, to say
the least. Well, not really, I just need to go work on the baptism in
Chinese. That is the tough part.
You know when you pronounce a tone wrong it make a whole different word, right?
Yeup, this will be interesting. I'll tell you all how many times it
takes before the deed becomes official.

Now I would like to tell you about Tippy's Tacos.
Elder Beck and I were in the mood for some mexican food. I am not
talking Taco Bell, or little do-it-yourself-party tostadas, I am
talking some legitimate, hole in the wall, mexican food.
We called all the missionaries (starting with the spanish elders) and
finally secured a cheap hole in the wall restaurant.
We went and it ended up being too expensive for our tastes... we then
looked through mexican food on the gps and one particular place caught
our eye....

Tippy's. Tacos.

It sounded pretty wall-holish so we thought we would give it a go. We
were so stoked on the way there.

We arrived, and it was A HOLE IN THE WALL RESTAURANT! WE WERE SO EXCITED.

We looked at the menu... I ordered the big wrap, and Elder Beck
ordered the "Tippy's famous California Enchilada" that came with a
side of two tostadas.

We were so excited, we couldn't handle it.

The food came.... Here was my huge wrap, there was a beautiful
enchilada with some rice and beans on the side... but where were the
tostadas?

We look over and there was a small bowl with two hard corn disks.

Now, I know I am not the El-Mexicano-Foodo-experto, but I was
expecting his tostadododos to be covered with lettuce and stuff... no
matter. He still had his enchilada, which looked beautiful, might I
add.

He finished his little disk things and cut open his beautiful
enchilada. He took a bite and.... I see a mixture of confusion,
surprise, followed by a dash of "Is this real life?" appear on his
face. He cuts off a piece and tells me to try it. I take a bite
and....

Beef. With cheap 99 cent taco seasoning. That is all I taste.

We proceed to dissect his enchilada, only to discover a tortilla with
sauce on it and beef inside. That was it.

I helped him finish it up and we walked away, cursing the day this
"Tippy's Tacos" Tippy was ever born.

On a good note, my 6 dollar wrap was the equivalent of a 3 dollar
burrito at Taco Bell.

Oh did I mention we found Bollywood? We went to a neighborhood for a
couple chinese families and holy mackerel I swear we found ourselves
smack dab in the middle of rich india town. There were Indian kids
everywhere-- on bikes, balling it up in games of basketball, playing
swords in the grass, walking dogs, chatting up other indian folks,
playing with babies, so on and so forth.

The chinese people we met told us that the 2 percent chinese
population in this area refer to it as America's "Dubai".

It was funny, to say the least.

Well, folks, that is all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed the
stories. I hope you are all busy making your own fun stories at home,
too.

OH YEAH I SAW MARIE. PRESIDENT GAVE US PERMISSION TO SEE HER!
funny, we ended up going to an Indian restaurant with her. It was
literally the day before we were being followed by some Indian kids in
that Dubai neighborhood.

IT WAS GOOD HOLY SHISHKABOB.

Have a good one everyone :) Love you all.

Elder Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment